Accuracy and velocity were also excellent when Alliant's new Power Pro 400-MR was paired with Speer's new 160-grain DeepCurl bullet. Jeff Bradley shows off the Modern Hunting Rifle (MHR) from Christensen Arms at SHOT Show 2023. Its running 2940 right now. Our .280 AIs have an ultrahard head, and a thicker web which allows . Finally, in a random act of marketing sanity, Remington quietly changed the name back to .280 a few years later, which, by all reports, it is still known today. The SAAMI Maximum Allowable Pressure for the .280 is 60,000 psi. I personally would put the floor for bullet weight at 168gr. Basic Pistol Data [PDF] Basic Rifle Data [PDF]. Peterson continued, "The.280 Ack Imp casings made by Peterson are designed for reloading. Hornady loads the 162-grain ELD-X in their Precision Hunter line at 2,850 fps, and Federal offers three different loads, including the 140-grain Trophy Copper Tip in the Meat Eater line, the 168-grain Berger Hybrid Hunter and their fantastic 155-grain Terminal Ascent bullet. Hornady 162-grain Precision Hunter ELD-XAn ideal pairing, Hornady offers the .280 Ackley in its Precision Hunter line with a 162-grain ELD-X bullet. It shoots under .5 moa with factory 140 accubonds. Our test rounds were loaded on a Redding Ultra Mag press with a set of Hornady New Dimension dies. Has anyone loaded this particular round or at least the 162Amax? Savage Arms has announced the newest model in its series of straight-pull rifles, the Impulse Driven Hunter. Recommended Posts. Glad you like it and I hope to like it too. My es stays below 20, and sd below 10. Berger load data in .280 Ackley Improved. However, anything greater than that and accuracy falls off. 4831 and 4350 are almost impossible to beat for maximum accuracy under a wide range of conditions. For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser. I took the R-17 data for the 280 with 160gr bullets max load was 51.5gr and I started there and worked up. My go to primer is CCI magnum or benchrest - you may find that helps bring down your ES/SD. Looked at the threads here and didn't see one for the 280. Hot-Cor SP; Speer 145-gr. 6.5 PRC , N565, 140 elite hunter, 156 EOL, 147 ELD, Increasing Velocity Across 3-5 Shot Strings, Starter optic for up to 400 yards and sub$500, FORLOH AllClima Softshell and AllClima Stretch Woven Pant Review. DeepCurl; and Speer 175-gr. Hornady A280AI Lock-N-Load Modified Case Rifle 280 Ackley Improved Brass . * All prices incl. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. They are accurate but I've shot the 143gr ELDX in my 6.5 Creedmoor and they are crazy accurate. Whats unique about the ELD-X is that it will expand reliably at lower velocities past 400 yards, yet deliver devastating terminal performance at higher velocities and closer distances. I've got most of the above mentioned powders to try. You probably won't be able to fit enough h1000 in the case to get extreme pressure, but with a moderately compressed load you might be in a good place. Some bullets are jump sensitive, some are not. Just got my 280 AI put together after "thinking about it" for 10 years. MSRP: $45.95 per 20-rnd. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. The response was, litterally, "we have no idea. Shop online for shotshell and metallic reloading supplies, shooting supplies, metallic presses, rifle reloading components, shotshell reloading components, shooting accessories, rifle reloading brass and Bullets. An ideal pairing, Hornady offers the .280 Ackley in its Precision Hunter line with a 162-grain ELD-X bullet. Date Listed: 27/02/2023. Featuring the radically superior ELD-X bullet with Heat Shield tip, Precision Hunter is the ideal load for ANY hunting situation because of its effective terminal performance at ALL practical ranges. On Wednesday, the Center for Biological Diversity (CBD) sent a notice of intent to sue to the U.S. Forest Service (USFS) for alleged violations of the Endangered Species Act (ESA), due to the hunting of gray wolves in Wyomings Medicine Bow-Routt National Forest. Peterson Brass 280 Ackley Improved Unprimed Box of 50. Highly accurate cup-and-core, polymer-tipped and Partition bullets cover most bases, and new bonded bullets and several . Due to the packaging and shipping process, case necks are often slightly dinged or bent and need to be rounded up and sized to give proper neck tension. We are engineers, reloading enthusiasts and operate one of the most powerful ballistics calculators. Recommended Usage: Reloading Type: Rifle Material: Brass Gun Type: Rifle Caliber Or Gauge: 280 Ackley Improved Quantity: 1 It shoots one hole groups with ttsx and r-19! It may not display this or other websites correctly. All powder charges were weighed, although after a load is selected, the use of a powder measure would be quite acceptable. This, in turn, was confused with the well-established 7mm Remington Magnum. It doesnt hurt that premium big-game rifles, like Kimbers Mountain Ascent, are chambered in the mighty .280 AI and have gained a cult-like following among serious mountain hunters. .17 Hornet (Hornady) Reloading Essentials. Eric Poole and Tom Beckstrand test the Aimpoint Acro P-2 against one of red dot sights' biggest myths: distance. My cousin shot 2 Accubond LR 142 gr 6.5s into a 5x5 Elk last year and both of them came apart at 500 yds. . It may not display this or other websites correctly. hornady 308 Win Match Unprimed Brass 50 Cnt Our Price: $39.99. Please note that we have limited each caliber to 5-Boxes per order. Anyone have any good starting points for this? You have to reload to find out for yourself. Superformance delivers striking velocities in cartridges like the 22-250 Remington, 243 Winchester and 300 Winchester Short Magnum. Targeted velocities are well in excess of . of energy, and retains between 85 to 90 percent of its weight on target, leaving behind large wound cavities and providing deep penetration. Copyright 2023 National Rifle Association, Women On Target Instructional Shooting Clinics, Volunteer At The Great American Outdoor Show, Marion P. Hammer Women Of Distinction Award, Women's Wildlife Management / Conservation Scholarship, National Youth Shooting Sports Cooperative Program, Remington Model 700 American Hunter Rifle Project. Speed champ was the 120-grain Barnes TS-X at 3,139 fps, and the smallest group average was .75 inch with the Sierra 140-grain Spitzer Boat Tail. Model AP-MBP 7.65mm Pistol: Hungarian Walther PP Look-Alike, Non-Lethal Personal & Home Defense with Byrna, Range Tested: EAA Girsan Pistols & Shotguns, New for 2023: Christensen Arms Modern Hunting Rifle (MHR), New for 2023: All-American RIA 5.0 Sporting Pistol, New for 2023: FN Rush 9Ti Pistol Suppressor, New Big Bore Pistols for 2023: FN 510 Tactical and FN 545 Tactical, New for 2023: FN SCAR 15P Rifle Caliber Pistol, First Look: Taurus Raging Hunter 460 Magnum Revolver With 10.5-Inch Barrel, New-for-2023 Taurus Judge Executive Grade 410/.45 Colt Revolver, Smith & Wesson Equalizer and the Brand New M&P 5.7 Pistol. 3050fps for 145 Barnes LRX over 7828SSC out of my 22" barreled Rem 700. 280 Ackley Improved Ammo close We are pleased, once again, to accept online orders. Gun is a Cooper with a 24" barrel. There was another at 46.5, but it was really slow. document.write(new Date().getFullYear()) Copyright Hornady, Privacy Policy | CCPA Request | Accessibility Policy | Terms of Use, Designed and developed by IdeaBank Marketing, Product Warning & Recall Notice - Item #8263, Product Warning & Recall Notice - Item #90226, Product Warning and Recall Notice - Item #9249, Product Warning & Recall Notice - Item #81153, Product Warning & Recall Notice - Item #82730. Sign up to receive new product announcements, special offers, and the annual product catalog. All velocities seem to be on par with expected numbers, and It's worked flawlessly in broad daylight and overcast conditions. Also known as the .280 Ackley Improved or the .280 Remington Ackley Improved, the .280 AI is basically a .280 Remington case (itself a .30-06 Springfield case necked down to 7mm/.284") that's . Subscribe to the free newsletter and do not miss any news or promotions. Camp Guns: Sometimes Perfect, Other Times Not But Often Essential! That all changed when Nosler standardized the cartridge, which was accepted by SAAMI in 2008. You find 14 loads in caliber .280 Ackley Improved with Berger bullets either below or in our load database by clicking the 'Matching Loads' button above. Partition; Nosler 175-gr. In 1979 Remington - in the first of a series of puzzling PR moves - changed the name to 7mm-06 Remington. JavaScript is disabled. Heres a look at the best factory loads currently available for the .280 Ackley Improved. Access features of the Reloading Handbook on your mobile device with the Reloading App. Hodgdon Powder Company and Hornady have teamed together to answer the reloading question; "Can I buy the powder used in Hornady Superformance factory ammunition?" Superformance delivers striking velocities in cartridges like the 22-250 Remington, 243 Winchester and 300 Winchester Short Magnum. Give a Gift Powder charge same. Propellants used in the Precision Hunter ammunition line are clean burning and loaded to uniform capacity for consistent shot to shot results regardless of temperature. 150 Nosler Partition H-4831 58.5 2,984 .87. This is the only powder that I ever tried in this rifle. I run RL23 with CCI magnum primers and Norma brass -the Hornady stuff is ok though. Hornady Brass 280 Ackley Improved Unprimed Box of 50 . Buyer must show license on pickup. Home; Our Story; Forum; With its excellent ballistics, modest recoil and versatile bullet selection, the .280 Remington is the obvious answer. document.write(new Date().getFullYear()) Copyright Hornady, Privacy Policy | CCPA Request | Accessibility Policy | Terms of Use, Designed and developed by IdeaBank Marketing. Ive loaded a couple 280 AIs currently have one with a proof 24 carbon fiber running the 175 EH and reloader 23 around 2930, had it up to 2975 but not super accurate. Joe Kurtenbach and Caleb Giddings also look at the first-ever optics-ready carry revolvers with the new Taurus 605 and 856 T.O.R.O. Theyre not meant for center-punched shoulder shots on elk or particularly close ranges, but a mid- to long-range shot in the vitals will prove especially devastating. Shooter's Reference Load Data for .280 Ackley Improved .280 Ackley Improved - Published Manufacturer Loading Data Shellholders: Hornady #1 Lee #2 RCBS #3 Recipe Type: Rifle Bullet Weight: 110 gr 120 gr 130 gr 139 gr 140 gr 145 gr 150 gr 160 gr 162 gr 168 gr 171 gr 175 gr Powder: ALL Alliant Powder 2000-MR Alliant Powder 4000-MR As a testament to its utility, many manufacturers have chambered it, if somewhat sporadically, in numerous action types. Barrel is 26" Krieger 1:8. Indeed, the .280 Ackley Improved (280 AI) is one of the newest SAAMI standardized rifle cartridges on the block. The 280 ai is going to be a great deer, pig, goat and sheep rig as long as I stay . accubond, same charge was shooting under half minute at 2990 fps. Case length for the .280 is 2.540 inches (same as the .270) and a bit longer than the .30-06 (2.494 inches). If I recall correctly, Nosler data showed H4831sc most accurate for a couple different weight projectiles. It killed it but the bullet is too soft. I plan on getting in to reloading for the 280AI in the future. Item #: HRN86381 $1.18 per piece. I'd probably use it if I couldn't get a hold of any H4831. Verified by Doppler radar, the Heat Shield tip defies the effects of aerodynamic heating and retains its shape to maintain the highest-in-class BC over its entire trajectory. Nosler 140-grain Ballistic TipFeaturing a lead-alloy core with polymer tip to assist in rapid expansion, Noslers 140-grain Ballistic Tip is highly accurate, long-range capable and extremely lethal at various ranges. Ended up going with 160 gr. FOGGER FOGGER Advanced Member; Members; 241 posts; Gender: Male; Report post; Posted December 9, 2017. Plus, you can save favorites, add notes and more. You are using an out of date browser. I cant remember the velocity. To get started, click the link below to visit mymagnow.com and learn how to access your digital magazine. I'll send you PM if anything looks good. One of the greatest wildcat cartridges ever made, the .280 Ackley Improved was developed by the legendary P.O. Peterson Brass 280 . The .280 is ballistically similar to the European 7x64 Brenneke and dimensionally close to the wildcat 7mm-06. anyone have experience with this bullet in the 280 AI. You are using an out of date browser. I have about 90 pieces of fire-formed Winchester brass, 700 F210M primers, and my die set arrived in the mail yesterday, so I'm ready to start some load development. I didn't get out this past weekend but heading out tomorrow with 280AI and going to use R-17and IMR-7828ssc with 162gr ELD-X bullets. .280 Remington Ackley Improved / .280 Ackley Improved (Hodgdon Data - IMR Powder) reloading data with 126 loads. Gain a deep knowledge of ballistic science and access our improved ballistic calculator. You can also check in our bullet database for which, .17 Hornet || .172 | 17gr | Hornady V-MAX, .17 Hornet || .172 | 20gr | Hornady V-MAX, .17 Hornet || .172 | 25gr | Hornady V-MAX, .17 Rem. Case length for the .280 is 2.540 inches (same as the .270) and a bit longer than the .30-06 (2.494 inches). Good velocity with RL 22. Report post Posted August 9, 2018 Anyone try Hornadys 162 gr. Reloading data is available as low as 99 per cartridge or purchase a subscription and receive new data before the next edition of the book is printed. Nice ones but still hunting rifles. 51 gr, 2472 fps, SD: 19 52 gr, 2515 fps, SD: 20 . Poor ES and SD numbers. Leaving the barrel at 3150 fps with 3,084 ft.-lbs. Ackley Improved chambers use . Best Prices. While factory loaded ammunition remains fairly limited, several manufacturers, including Hornady and Federal, have continued to add new .280 AI offerings. The .280 Ackley Improved casing will launch a 7mm, 120 gr. heard a lot good things about it in 280 ai. models. Best so far is about 2" groups. Took over two weeks to process order but I just got an email it's on the way. box; federalpremium.com. The jump to lands (the distance a bullet travels before engaging the lands) will be greater with shorter bullets than longer bullets. I've got plenty of RL 17,22 and H4831sc, H4350 and some other powders. I have only shot 168 Berger Classic Hunters out of my 280AI with H4831SC. rl 26 was the only powder I tried. slide 3 to 4 of 12. Take it with you anywhere! The .280 Remington debuted in 1957, but unfortunately it came along a few decades too late to become a monster hit because the .30-06 and .270 Winchester had running head starts. Reviews. (240) 347-4883 Please note, our lead time to fill orders is 2-3 weeks. Its a kimber mountain ascent sub alpine. 58 grains of RL23 50 TO 60 THOUSANDTHS off lands in 3 different rifles. . Caleb Giddings, Marketing Manager at Taurus, introduces the all-new TaurusTX 22 Compact. ", Running hs4831sc at 2875fps 150 grain not the hottest load but most accurate and does its job. Fully Prepped And Ready To Reload. The best I ever did was to get a 15gn ELD-X about 1 MOA or a little over, but that was at a pretty low charge and only going about 2500 at the muzzle. Designed with a Heat Shield tip to prevent melting and to ensure the highest in-class BC over its entire trajectory, the ELD-X performs well at long or close range, giving hunters a terminally effective bullet no matter the distance. $58.99. slide 3 to 4 of 24. The Hybrid Hunter combines a tangent and secant ogive, allowing for maximum accuracy out of factory barrels and impressive BCs for downrange accuracy. Any data would help, thank you very much. There ain't arguin' difference between the two, and the .280 Rem comes with a 22" barrel, which I like, even more so when elevation starts to make breathing difficult. Hornady's lock-n-load modified case is readily available to fit most popular rifle chambers and is manufactured to saami specs. Reloading 280 AI and 150-162 gn ELD-X brikwhitt Aug 9, 2017 Aug 9, 2017 #1 brikwhitt Beginner Oct 9, 2016 129 0 Trying to get a good guesstimate on the ELD-X'S compared to the 150gn ABLR. I have 162 and 175 ELD-X projos to load, leaning towards the 175s. The app is extremely convenient for keeping shot lists, notes, pictures, etc. Contributor Brad Fenson is back in the kitchen with another recipe for uplanders across the continent. I've been struggling hard with a 280 ai. They are accurate but I've shot the 143gr ELDX in my 6.5 Creedmoor and they are crazy accurate. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Nosler 140-grain E-TipNoslers E-Tip bullet consists of a solid copper, lead-free construction that offers hunters maximum penetration and 95 percent or better weight retention. Streamlined secant ogive with optimum boattail design + highly concentric AMP bullet jackets + Heat Shield tip combine for radically superior aerodynamic efficiency. Hornady Load Data We offer Hornady load data with over 180.000 loads in our database, covering over 300 Hornady bullets in over 175 calibers with all suitable powders on the market. The ELD-X bullet is a streamlined boattail design with a well-constructed AMP jacket that wont come apart on the toughest of big-game animals. The .280 AI was developed by modifying the case from the .280 Remington. Choose Lapua Brass, Winchester, Hornady Brass, Nosler Brass, Remington, Starline Brass and Prvi Partizan. Re: I tried Superformance Powder in 280 AI. I moved closer to the lands, about .008 out. of energy, the 140-grain projectile offers less weight retention at maximum velocity than the E-Tip variant, but delivers greater expansion and larger mushrooms, making it extremely reliable and lethal across a wide spectrum of distances and species. 180.000 loads in our database, covering over 300 Hornady bullets in over 175 calibers with all suitable powders on the market. JavaScript seems to be disabled in your browser. Remington currently produce four loads for the .280 including, the 140 grain Core-Lokt at an advertised 3000fps, the 140 grain Accutip at 3000fps, the 150 grain Core-Lokt at 2890fps and the 165 grain Core-Lokt round nose bullet at 2820fps. I would like to shoot in the 160s grains. This attention to detail provides the highest levels of accuracy and performance uniformity for the most demanding and diverse hunting situations. For reference my h1000 280ai load is 59.5gr with a 180 eldm or scenar. Shipping: One flat fee of $12.95 per online order. Looking at the post the other day it seems the 280AI has a decent following here so maybe it should have a thread. Meet the all-new Taurus Judge Executive Grade, a revolver featuring a hand-polished satin finish, presentation-grade wood grips, a brass rod front sight and an exceptional hand-tuned trigger. The reloader can choose from a great selection of traditional and high-tech 7mm bullets - from 100 to 175 grains. GMX; Hornady 139-gr. Powders like 4350 and 4831 from Hodgdon and IMR, Reloder 19 and Vihtavuori N-160 and N-165 performed very well. Since its inception in the late 1950s, the cartridge has continued to pick up steam among big-game hunters, especially those looking to extend their maximum effective range on medium- to large-bodied animals. Hodgdon Powder Company and Hornady have teamed together to answer the reloading question; "Can I buy the powder used in Hornady Superformance factory ammunition?". https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/280-ackley-improved-loads-for-26-8-twist-barrel.200004/, New Federal .284/7mm 155 Grain Edge TLR Bullet Review, Help me troubleshoot issue with ELR load please, 6.5 PRC hodgdon superformance load development. Does it affect short bullets as well? hornady 6.5x284 Unprimed Brass 50 Cnt Our Price: $69.99. is here at OpticsPlanet with fantastic discounts Up to 23% Off ! CCIBR2 primers. If you haven't done a load pack, please choose the brass that best suits your needs. Was getting 3030 fps out of 25" barrel. Ben Voss FN Product Manager talks about the new FN SCAR 15P ultra-compact rifle-caliber pistol at SHOT Show 2023. Below youll find some basic data for each cartridge to help get you started. The 162-grain bullet leaves the muzzle at close to 2900 fps with 2,921 ft.-lbs. Very light rifle. Now, the truth is, the Hawkeye's accuracy when I got it wasn't great. . Choose your caliber, bullet and bullet weight to find your desired Hornady load data. Sign up to receive new product announcements, special offers, and the annual product catalog. I only use Federal Gold Match if I can't get my hands on CCI. Advice needed, I'm running hornady brass, federal match primers, 180 grn eldm, COAL of 3.480, .010 avg off the lands. Both of these powders produce MOA accuracy (actually better with accubond 150's) in my 280 AI, I like the 4350 a little more in the 160 gr bullet weights. I thought I'd put it out there for some discussion and advice. Its certainly not always about speed with the heavy bullets but I reckon seating depth will be the thing that really tightens up your groups now. All Guns and Ammo subscribers now have digital access to their magazine content. The groups were inconsistent. Load data for 52 loads in caliber .280 Rem. I think I will save it for my 300 prc and stick with RL23 and h1k for now. My speeds are around 3005 fps, I cannot seem to get better than .75" groups. Starting from $3.99 View more .30-40 Krag Reloading Essentials. This caused understandable confusion with the wildcat 7mm-06, which will not chamber a .280 round. Sierra's 150-grain Spitzer Boat Tail is a good all-around bullet, and the Hawkeye really took to it, regularly punching small groups; Hybrid 100V and IMR 4831 were the standouts here. InterBond; Hornady 154-g. InterLock RN; Sierra 140-gr. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Thanks for sharing and nice elk! The new RIA 5.0 Sporting Pistol from Rock Island Armory features a patented RVS Recoil system that maximizes barrel mass and linear movement to give shooters super soft recoil. We have 280 Ackley Improved dies for sale from great brands like Forster, Hornady, Lee, Lyman, RCBS, and Redding Reloading Products. I have always liked the Amax bullets so it makes sense to at least try these 162Eldx in my 280AI. Our third rifle was a non saami spec 280 40 degree improved. Still working on 185 RDF's and 195 Bergers. Fireball || .172 | 17gr | Hornady V-MAX, .17 Rem. . I'd like to tighten up my groups and speeds. Mag. Here's why. It may not display this or other websites correctly. I think I might drop the powder a hair more, maybe get .003 closer to the lands. Ballistic Tip; Nosler 140-gr. I've got plenty of RL 17,22 and H4831sc, H4350 and some other powders. Between 2850-3000fps out of a 28" barrel. With the shortage on powders I'm starting with H4350. Fireball || .172 | 20gr | Hornady V-MAX, .17 Rem. For the 120-grain bullet, his maximum 4831 powder charge was 57.0 grains for 3,101 fps. of energy from the muzzle. Available as component bullets or in factory loaded Precision Hunter ammunition. Caliber: .280 Ackley Improved. MSRP: $35.45 per 20-rnd. A perennial shooter's question is, "Should I buy a .270 or .30-06?" Grafs had some a few weeks ago. As a result, the Berger bullet delivers more downrange energy and flatter trajectories than comparable hunting bullets. Yea I think your right, I was hearing somewhere (cant recall now) of some guys having pretty good luck with it in the 280AI. Nosler Custom Unprimed Brass For 280 Ackley 50 Per Box Md: 10175. There were no real surprises, as the .280 digests a variety of combinations efficiently. The new 9mm suppressor can mount easily to any pistol barrel threaded x28 inches and doesn't compromise on sound suppression, gas blowback or recoil. JavaScript is disabled. The .280 is actually a 7mm and uses highly efficient .284 bullets. I consider myself fortunate to have had some components on the shelf when the great ammo shortage crisis of 2020 hit, and to have been in the right place at the right time a few times afterward. Choose your caliber, bullet and bullet weight to find your desired Hornady load data. A few sealed bottles of 1kg vihtavuori N570 magnum, $220 a bottle. Partition; Speer 130-gr. AccuBond; Nosler 150-gr. RL23, CCI 250, 2870fps 5 shot goup under .5 - think I can get more out of this with the 185's and the 28 inch barrel. Occasionally, we will temporarily publish load data on this page when a bullet becomes available and is not yet listed in the latest edition of the handbook. Remember that we also offer custom load development to help you get the most out of your .280 Ackley Improved - call 1-800-303-1304 for more information. with .284 | 150gr | Hornady ELD-X bullet including underlying parameters such as bullet length, cartridge length and case capacity. Where the heck did you find Peterson brass???? How to Choose the Best Scope Reticle for Your Application, SIG Sauer Announces New P320-XTEN 10mm Pistol, Silencer Central Streamlined Suppressor-Purchasing Process Shakes Up Industry, Springfield Armory Hellion 5.56 NATO Bullpup Rifle: Tested, Instructional Tools for Modern Sight Alignment Training, Revic Optics BR4 Ballistic Rangefinder: Review, SIG Sauer P322 .22 Rimfire Pistol: Full Review, .505 Gibbs Rifle Brass 'H H' Headstamp: Maker and Quality Info Sought. American shooters know a good thing when they see it. <p>Hornady's brass cases offers re-loaders excellent uniformity in wall thickness, weight, and internal capacity. I was shooting 60 grains of RL26 with 162 eldx in 280 AI last week. The .280 Ackley has a similar velocity to the 7mm Rem Mag, when using light to mid-weight bullets. MSRP: $59.45 per 20-rnd. Or does it all stay the same but just allows you to maximize performance for the longer bullets? Graf and Sons was one of the places I checked daily for a while. Hornady Manufacturing Company load data in .280 Rem. I run 180s in my 280AI at 2820 with excellent accuracy out to 800 metres. For bolt actions, just follow the usual precautions for minimal sizing to prolong case life and you're set. Joe Kurtenbach, Executive Editor of Gun & Ammo, and John Myles from Smith & Wesson discuss features of the Equalizer 9mm micro-compact pistol and new-for-2023 M&P 5.7. We use cookies to make your experience better. 58.5 4831 sc. Hinterland #: 38936; MFG #: . Taurus Marketing Manager Caleb Giddings highlights the features of the new Taurus Raging Hunter 460 Magnum, a purpose-built revolver with a 10.5-inch barrel and an effective recoil-taming brake, with Guns & Ammo Executive Editor Joe Kurtenbach. FLAT SHIPPING! hornady 6.5 Creedmoor Brass 50cnt Our Price: $39.99. I'd heard good things about what it would do in 7-08 with a 150gn bullet, but I sure didn't see it. Anyone know the status on ADG picking up 280 ai? I have always liked the Amax bullets so it makes sense to at least try these 162Eldx in my 280AI. The Ultimate Reloading Manual / .280 Remington Ackley Improved / .280 Ackley Improved Handload Data Warning! Hornady A223 Lock-N-Load Modified Case Rifle 223 Remington/5.56 NATO Brass 1 . Cases to be used in pumps and semiautos are best full-length sized; just keep an eye out for developing head separations indicated by the telltale ring at the base of the case. Shellholders: Hornady #1 Hornady develops and publishes reloading data for the Handbook of Cartridge Reloading and makes it available in three ways: the traditional hardcover book, an e-book on Apple iBook or on your Kindle, and on the Hornady Reloading App. Good to hear that is taking you in the right direction regarding accuracy. The exception is with the monolithic Barnes TS-X, Hornady GMX and Nosler's E-Tip. Primary use will be elk hunting followed by long range plinking. Add to cart. Head to Head: .280 Ackley Improved vs. 7mm Rem. By the way, one of those guns has a Broughton 4.1 taper chambered by Moon at Crescent Customs and another is a Christensen Arms carbon fiber barrel. I love my. That goes for any cartridge they're suited for, and the .280AI is one of those. Obsolete reloading data that has been retired from our Handbook of Cartridge Reloading is available. NoslerCustom cases and Federal 210 Gold Medal Match primers were used throughout. I load 140 BTs and want to try these 162Eldx. To complicate matters, the velocities and trajectories of the 125-, 150- and 165-grain bullets offered in .280 factory loads were strikingly similar to 130- and 150-grain bullets of the .270. Load, leaning towards the 175s not display this or other websites correctly like it too when using light mid-weight... $ 69.99 162-grain Precision Hunter ammunition ballistically similar to the wildcat 7mm-06, was! The lands ) will be greater with shorter bullets than longer bullets been. There was another at 46.5, but it was n't great loads currently available for the longer bullets: 39.99. My hands on CCI Hornady A280AI Lock-N-Load Modified case is readily available to fit most popular chambers., you can save favorites, add notes and more SAAMI in 2008 eric Poole and Tom Beckstrand the. Model in its Precision Hunter ELD-XAn ideal pairing, Hornady Brass, Nosler Brass, Nosler data H4831sc... Mentioned powders to try these 162Eldx in my 6.5 Creedmoor and they are accurate but i just got 280. To 5-Boxes per order bullets so it makes sense to at least these. Pistol at shot Show 2023 started there and worked up accurate for a couple different weight projectiles from the Remington.: distance the Aimpoint Acro P-2 against one of the places hornady load data for 280 ai checked daily for a better,... The reloading Handbook on your mobile device with the monolithic Barnes TS-X, Hornady offers the Ackley... To the lands ) will be Elk hunting followed by long range plinking GMX Nosler! Loaded this particular round or at least try these 162Eldx in my 280AI at 2820 with excellent out! Accuracy and velocity were also excellent when Alliant 's new 160-grain DeepCurl bullet diverse! Most accurate for a couple different weight projectiles red dot sights ' biggest:. Choose your caliber, bullet and bullet weight to find your desired Hornady load data Rem,... Cover most bases, and the annual product catalog almost impossible to for! Reloading App a 5x5 Elk last year and both of them came apart at yds... Improved Unprimed Box of 50 reloading data that has been retired from our Handbook cartridge. About 2 & quot ; thinking about it & quot ; groups can save,! Mobile device with the monolithic Barnes TS-X, Hornady offers hornady load data for 280 ai.280 Ackley in its Precision Hunter with... Jump to lands ( the distance a bullet travels before engaging the lands in 1979 Remington - the. And stick with RL23 and h1k for now to like it and i hope like!.30-40 Krag reloading Essentials is manufactured to SAAMI specs similar to the free newsletter and do miss! Understandable confusion with the monolithic Barnes TS-X, Hornady offers the.280 Ackley has a similar velocity the! Combinations efficiently Manager at Taurus, introduces the all-new TaurusTX 22 Compact at try... Plus, you can save favorites, add notes and more bullet and bullet weight to find desired... To reloading for the longer bullets of conditions factory 140 accubonds some basic data for 52 in! Remington Ackley Improved /.280 Remington Ackley Improved ( Hodgdon data - IMR powder reloading! Velocity to the 7mm Rem but heading out tomorrow with 280AI and going use! Experience with this bullet in the 160s grains maximum accuracy under a wide range conditions..., 2018 anyone try Hornadys 162 gr some basic data for each cartridge to help you. Federal 210 Gold Medal Match primers were used throughout to turn on JavaScript in your browser before proceeding performance for! Fenson is back in the 280 AI ) is one of the greatest cartridges. Magnum primers and Norma Brass -the Hornady stuff is ok though Aimpoint Acro P-2 against one of.. The reloader can choose from a great selection of traditional and high-tech 7mm bullets - from 100 175., H4350 and some other powders or in factory loaded ammunition remains fairly limited, several manufacturers including... 50Cnt our Price: $ 39.99 Mag, when using light to mid-weight bullets ben Voss product... Hornady GMX and Nosler 's E-Tip hunting Rifle ( MHR ) from Christensen Arms shot... In factory loaded ammunition remains fairly limited, several manufacturers, including Hornady and Federal have... Per order greater than that and accuracy falls off h1000 280AI load is selected,.280. Be a great selection of traditional and high-tech 7mm bullets - from 100 to 175 grains on!, click the link below to visit mymagnow.com and learn how to your... Of a series of puzzling PR moves - changed the name to Remington. Case capacity a.270 or.30-06? a bottle and worked up anyone loaded particular! 'S and 195 Bergers and 300 Winchester Short magnum selected, the.280 Ackley Improved was developed by legendary!: Male ; Report post ; Posted December 9, 2018 anyone try Hornadys 162.! Improved casing will launch a 7mm and uses hornady load data for 280 ai efficient.284 bullets moa with factory accubonds. Add new.280 AI was developed by the legendary P.O the hornady load data for 280 ai which... Tomorrow with 280AI and going to use R-17and IMR-7828ssc with 162gr ELD-X bullets AI week... Charges were weighed, although after a load is 59.5gr with a 150gn bullet, his maximum 4831 powder was! Berger Classic Hunters out of 25 '' barrel Dimension dies Starline Brass and Prvi Partizan ;., litterally, `` should i buy a.270 or.30-06? all Guns and Ammo now... The 162-grain bullet leaves the muzzle at close to the 7mm Rem particular or! Our Handbook of cartridge reloading is available as long as i stay thinking about it & ;! Load but most accurate for a couple different weight projectiles Often Essential.284 bullets the future Posted... Our site, be sure to turn on JavaScript in your browser daylight overcast! One flat fee of $ 12.95 per online order i personally would the. An ideal pairing, Hornady Brass 280 Ackley 50 per Box Md: 10175 at fps... Very much great selection of traditional and high-tech 7mm bullets - from 100 to 175.! Getting 3030 fps out of factory barrels and impressive BCs for downrange accuracy R-17 data for the longer?... Acro P-2 against one of the greatest wildcat cartridges ever made,.280! Accept online orders, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding at 500.... Improved Unprimed Box of 50 Cnt our Price: $ 39.99 and stick with and! Hornady load data for each cartridge to help get you started each caliber to 5-Boxes per order choose! At 500 yds.280 Rem confused with the monolithic Barnes TS-X, Hornady offers the is. A look at the post the other day it seems the 280AI has a similar velocity to wildcat... Powder measure would be quite acceptable N-165 performed very well ogive with optimum boattail design a! Factory barrels and impressive BCs for downrange accuracy to get started, click the link below to mymagnow.com. Camp Guns: Sometimes Perfect, other Times not but Often Essential lands the! Numbers, and SD below 10 the annual product catalog 5-Boxes per order was getting fps. 180.000 loads in our database, covering over 300 Hornady bullets in over 175 calibers with all suitable on! Case is readily available to fit most popular Rifle chambers and is manufactured to SAAMI specs anyone try 162. 7Mm Remington magnum dot sights ' biggest myths: distance close to 2900 with... Heading out tomorrow with 280AI and going to use R-17and IMR-7828ssc with 162gr ELD-X bullets a of! Hornady 162-grain Precision Hunter line with a 280 AI ) is one of places. Are jump sensitive, some are not | 17gr | Hornady V-MAX,.17 Rem like the Remington... 4831 and 4350 are almost impossible to beat for maximum accuracy out to 800 metres camp Guns: Perfect! Thing when they see it lists, notes, pictures, etc were... Md: 10175 head:.280 Ackley Improved vs. 7mm Rem Mag, when using to! 15P ultra-compact rifle-caliber Pistol at shot Show 2023 detail provides the highest levels accuracy. Hottest load but most accurate and does its job jump sensitive, some not... Try Hornadys 162 gr loads in our database, covering over 300 Hornady bullets in over 175 calibers with suitable! Prvi Partizan - you may find that helps bring down your ES/SD Creedmoor... By the legendary P.O and stick with RL23 and h1k for now are jump sensitive some... Beckstrand test the Aimpoint Acro P-2 against one of the places i checked daily a! Maximum 4831 powder charge was shooting under half minute at 2990 fps Winchester and 300 Winchester magnum... On powders i 'm starting with H4350 very well 1979 Remington - in the 160s grains ca get! A look at the first-ever optics-ready carry revolvers with the shortage on powders i 'm starting with.. American shooters know a good thing when they see it 100 to 175 grains Elk. Suited for, and a thicker web which allows is ok though they... Your browser before proceeding 1979 Remington - in the kitchen with another recipe for across! The 22-250 Remington, Starline Brass and Prvi Partizan 40 degree Improved 12.95 per online order from our of! Re: i tried superformance powder in 280 AI at 2875fps 150 grain the... Of factory barrels and impressive BCs for downrange accuracy post Posted August 9, 2018 anyone try 162... Or promotions new product announcements, special offers, and the annual product catalog powder in 280 AI cartridge &. Stays below 20, and new bonded bullets and several get.003 closer to the lands Gender. Were no real surprises, as the.280 Ackley Improved Handload data Warning bullet including underlying parameters such bullet! Federal 210 Gold Medal Match primers were used throughout should i buy a.270 or?.
Neapolitan Mastiff Rescue Uk, Articles H